Friday, December 26, 2008

Reminiscing and dreaming of travel.

Hey there!
I feel like its been forever since I've been able to get that tingling feeling, you know, that feeling of anticipation of going to a completely foreign place. In the back of your mind you know that nobody knows you, and yes it is a little bit scary, but exhilarating none-the-less.

One of my favorite places I have traveled (so far), is Nicaragua. I guess it holds such a special place in my heart because it was my first big trip to a country that spoke a different language, where the culture is vibrant and where the people are beautiful.
It is also the first place where I was able to interact with a small village (Sutiaba), located right outside of Leon. Even though there was a little bit of a language barrier, I was able to connect with the woman and children on such an intense level. Most of the connections were due to commonalities, but some of them were also because of our differences and our curiosity definitely dug those up.
All in all, I have found that everyone laughs, everyone smiles, and everyone loves. And I want to go around the world to find more places that inspire me to find out why people laugh and smile and love in each country I visit. Basically, what makes people happy. So I am on a mission to find the pursuit of happiness around the world.
For now, some flashbacks to some of my favorite Nicaragua moments:
Nicaragua:
YEA! I roughed it up with the boys, playing some "kickbol" and futbol in the streets. They were all so talented, it was hard to keep up!

The cutest little hams I've ever seen! So much fun playing with and teaching all of these kiddies!!

(Below) Darling, dressed in her traditional attire, dancing for us :)
The whole St. Joe's
alternative spring break team!

Jenn and I digging away at the foundation.
and the whole team with our dirty, blistered hands.
The end result was totally worth it.

Beautiful children. (Left) Luis, Sutiaba (middle) Bubble time, it is crazy how the simple things in life make them so happy. (Right) School girls just about to be let out of school in the city of Leon.




Climbing an Active Volcano, Cerro Negro


View From the Inside!
There is Sulfur smoking in the background on the left and if you look close enough in the picture on the right we are in the middle of the volcano and there are people on the rim up top!



Left-I MADE IT TO THE TOP. it was so windy up there.
Middle-Jenn and I
Right- Jenn, Marcy, and way at the bottom Andrew.
Our guide just jumped off the side of it and yelled, LETS GO! so we all
just followed along and ran down the side of the volcano!


BEACHING IT
a day at La Playa


Beautiful scenery, amazing clouds (my fav.), and a little tikibar to hang out in!

0 comments: