Thursday, January 22, 2009

just trying to keep Aussie time in mind!
because I'M GOING TO WIN THE WORLDS BEST JOB!
I'm sure if you asked each individual person what their "ideal job" would be, you would get a variety of answers. But of course, when the "Best Job in the World" is advertised as "get paid to explore the islands of the Great Barrier Reef, swim, snorkel and generally live the Queensland lifestyle" wouldn't anybody apply? Probably.
Responsibilities Include:
  • Exploring the islands of the Great Barrier Reef - Explore the 600 islands off the coast of Queensland and enjoy any and every activity that is available. Then simply, report back to Tourism Queensland and people from around the world via blog, video, and photographs.
  • Feed the fish - There are 2,800 species of fish and just about 400 species of coral, but don't worry, some of the coral feed off of themselves so you won't have to worry about them :).
  • Clean the pool - Although the state of the art pool has an automatic filter what better reason do you need to take a dip if you happen to see a stray leaf that ACCIDENTALLY fell in.
  • Collect the mail – During your explorations, why not join the aerial postal service for a day? It’s a great opportunity to get a bird’s eye view of the reef and islands.
Wouldn't YOU claim that to be THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD?! Oh, and to top if off, you will receive a whopping six digit salary for the trouble of 6 months.
The fact of the matter is, is that if someone had asked me what my "ideal job" would be, (before Tourism Queensland came up with this fantastic marketing strategy) I would have said traveling around the world and blogging, filming and photographing my journey to inspire others. Kind of like Samantha Brown, but more rugged, edgy, and independent. Although she is great, I think that a more naturalistic approach and maybe staying in some hostels instead of 5 star resorts at some point, would be to her advantage. Although, what I went to school for (Psychology and eventually Graduate School in School Psychology) is another passion of mine, I still would say that traveling the world is top on my list for my ULTIMATE dream job.
I know I sound a little arrogant with my first comment up at the top and maybe a little bit overly confident. I mean, over 12,000 applications have been received. But when you are as passionate about traveling as I am, you are determined to stay optimistic and hope that someone sees that glimmer in your eye.. you know. The passion just shines through and I hope that people will see that in my application! I found a little glimpse of hope when TQ had stated in their News Section of their website, "to date we've had over 8,000 applications, some great - and some not so great" and also "Unfortunately we're rejecting more than we're approving." So I guess we will see if I made TQ laugh a little :).
Good luck to Everyone who Applied, and good luck to those who really have traveling, blogging, filming and photographing as their ACTUAL dream jobs.
See ya soon!

0 comments: