Monday, February 23, 2009

hi, is that you?

Well, my internet wouldn't let me access my account and I still haven't figured out why that is. So here I am, 13 days after my last post!

Some interesting things that have happened over my 13 days:
1. The Best Job in the World stopped taking applications with about 34,000 applicants from around 200 countries! Absolutely remarkable!
"For a $1.8million campaign we have received nearly $80million in publicity."
Tourism Queensland=marketing geniuses!
What does this mean for the applicants? Well it means we wait another 8 days to see who is shortlisted. Potential Shortlist Applicants will be contacted by TQ during this week for "online testing" and then, 8 days from now, the Top 50 Applicants are posted via their website.
So that is something exciting. On to the next.

2. The Oscars were last night. Heath Ledger won for best supporting actor in "The Dark Night". His family accepted the award on behalf of his daughter, Matilda.

3. The Amazing Race started last Sunday. The first episode started in California and they traveled to Locarno, Switzerland to bungee the 2nd highest bungee jump in the world! Last night, the second episode, took them to the German Alps! The Amazing Race is by far my favorite reality TV show and I hope to be on it one day ;)

4. Obama's 787-billion economic stimulus was passed.
He states, "we got this passed through Congress in record time. And because of what we did together, this plan will save or create at least 3.5 million jobs in every state across the country.''

5. On a more personal note, Carolyn lost around 8 pounds by doing my "KatieKamp" with me :) Of course her change in diet has helped as well but I'm like her own Richard Simmons!

Alright, well I guess that's enough news for now. I'll be getting back on track with this now that it miraculously decided to work again! WOO!

0 comments: